I’m not eating THAT!

on January 5, 2013

pea 070pea 059pea 058pea 057pea 056

As a baby, then a toddler, then a kid beginning school, Ming had absolutely no interest in sustenance. It was a nightmare trying to breastfeed or get him to drink from a bottle and he seemed to be able to survive on air. It all worked out in the end but argh.

And now Gutsy9 is doing the same thing – so funny!

34 responses to “I’m not eating THAT!

1. Anonymous says:

I dunno, Julie.
    In that last shot, Gutsy9 seems to be standing on that slice of bread very, very possessively.

I’m sure he’s saying “Just try & take this food from me and see what happens!” – it looks like a gunslinger’s stance in the movies – minus the hands and gun belt.

He seems to be growing all right even if he isn’t eating everything put before him.

3. Louise G. says:

You and your birds are amazing. and I agree with Anonymous — definitely a lot of possessiveness going on!

Or he could be saying, this is nice and comfy. 🙂

5. Colline says:

His little antics sure makes one laugh 🙂

6. Maybe Gutsy-9 is trying to figure out where to hoard his food. My babies were the opposite of Ming; they were ravenous at all stages. I would have panicked with Ming. 🙂

7. cecilia says:

That is one stand up bird!! Ugly Duckling had nothing on this wee fellow (felless?) .. Say Hi to that Man Ming for me. Tell him drink heaps while he is milking those big fat hot cows. c

8. adinparadise says:

This is hilarious, 🙂

9. terry1954 says:

Gutsy-9 looks like he definitely has his mind made up. he is not eating that!!

10. You have yourself a character there, Julie…

11. “Okay, so I’m standing on it…. what now? Oh, is that not what I’m meant to be doing?”

12. I like the ‘camera hog’ bird in the background! too funny. 🙂

Julie, I learned something very important today when I read your post. I would have never thought in a million years that baby peacocks or any peacocks breast feed. I was so amazed to learn this, and then there you are trying to help your little feathery child. We are so proud of you. Take care, and have a great day. Bill

14. Finn Holding says:

I’m not eating it and you’re not having it either!

Happy New Year Julie.

15. I was convinced my daughter manufactured her own food from sunlight, she ate so very little.

16. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    Great photos, it looks like he is using the bread as a platform, or stage, and wants to say a few words. 🙂

17. Yeah it is amazing how little a child can eat and still be healthy don’t know about peachicks though………..

18. He definitely does not look like he’s starving!

19. Too funny! Love the pictures!

He are big … now – so he gets what he needs .. and the adult peacocks seams to find him a bit interesting or ???? Maybe not enough to take over the responsibility.

You’re cracking me up … with your bird view on things … brilliant.

22. TBM says:

I was a picky eater as well. Now, I’m not so picky

23. Lynda says:

Julie, I couldn’t figure out if the other peacocks in the background were waiting for him to leave so they could get at that snack, or if they just couldn’t believe that Gutsy9 would walk all over his food like that. 😉

24. magzmama says:

Julie, please make Gutsy9 t-shirts. I’ll buy 4, I promise!!

25. My Homepage says:

… [Trackback]…

[…] Read More: jmgoyder.com/2013/01/05/im-not-eating-that/ […]…