Making friends with Despair

on January 7, 2013

I’m not scared of Despair anymore because today she told me that she only wanted a tiny hug before she went to visit somebody else. She said she had tried to visit us before but the doors were always locked.

So I gave Despair an enormous hug, apologized for us locking the doors and, as she hugged me back, she wept into the crevice of my left elbow, then she gave me a short bit of advice.

I kept hugging her until I realized Despair had gone and I was hugging my silly self!

Translation: Despair’s visit catapulted me into seeking help. Tomorrow! Yeah, she was okay enough, but I don’t want her to come back.

32 responses to “Making friends with Despair

Despair ???? Two legs or four legs ????

2. I think it’s always good when we recognize we need ‘help’ in whichever way you decide to seek it…Diane

3. adinparadise says:

You certainly don’t need her to visit you again, especially so early in the year. Hugs to you,

4. I’m glad that you let her in and then quickly let her out. A visit will help I’m sure. Here’s a hug from me O πŸ™‚

5. Glad she left–you should have given her the boot and you are by seeking help.

Good plan ~ she is unwelcome so stack the odds — xxooo

7. Lynda says:

Haunting, with a good end. Hope the visit gets (got?) things resolved. xo

8. Getting help is good. You’re not alone.

Damn I need to get back to the city to be able to comment more… keep up the fight… and the self hugging ….

10. mrs fringe says:

Offering a (((cyberhug))) to help you keep those windows closed to Despair. She’s quite two-faced.

11. janeslog says:

I know how you feel.

I thought I was in despair when I came home tonight and saw my door had been kicked in and a note from the police put through the letterbox.

My neighbour said they had not seen me for a few days so called the police and they came and kicked down my door. I was at work and walking about all last week and did speak to four neighbours on Sunday.

The house insurance does not cover this so Strathclyde Police said they will pay for a new back door and I have the trouble of staying off work tomorrow until a joiner fits one.

I am stressed out about this and have not eaten any dinner this evening. At least I have got a joiner who can fit a door tomorrow.

Julie, I am glad you showed despair the door. You realize of course when you showed her the door, you also began to guide her cousins depression and anxiety to the door as well. Take care, my friend and be strong, Bill

13. a bit of help never hurts πŸ™‚

14. Despair loves hugs and has came here to visit on the odd occassion but I don’t remember Despair having 3 legs………..lol

15. eof737 says:

{{{HUGS}}} You’ve hugged her bye and seeking help is the next great step… Thinking of you always!
    Eliz

16. sbcallahan says:

i am glad you recognise the problem and are going to get help. big hugs to you from me:)

17. terry1954 says:

I can’t believe how I have lost some confidence, go through depression, feel out of sorts, have trouble getting through some days all because of PD

18. Trisha says:

I do hope Despair will stay away now. Hugs to you. I hope tomorrow is better.

You are so poetic! Giving a personality to despair – wow! What an imagination! Send that woman packing! She is NOT your friend. πŸ™‚

20. In the words of the inimitable Yazz – the only way is up!