Party fizzog

on February 3, 2013

pea 608pea 600pea 602pea 599pea 595

Oh well!

Due to a combination of things (Ants is having digestive issues, the nursing lodge is experiencing a mild flu outbreak, and it is another extremely hot day), I spent most of the morning ringing the people I’d invited to say the party was off. After all that last-minute planning and stressing, I have to admit I was rather relieved – ha!

Instead, Ming and I went in see Ants. We we will get him home tomorrow, which is his actual birthday.

It was still a good day and we took some photos of Ming’s new ute!

68 responses to “Party fizzog

Sorry to hear the party was a fizzer, but if it’s very hot over there in WA, maybe it’s just as well.

The important thing is that you & Ming will see him on his birthday and he won’t miss out.

2. Ingrid says:

Yes probably a good thing the party fizziged as you don’t need to put yourself under any more stress than necessary … nice pictures Julie and nice looking ute …
    Ingrid

3. Lovely photos Julie – glad you and Ming had that time alone with him instead πŸ™‚

4. sbcallahan says:

well that sorts some things out doesn’t it? just enjoy your day with your men!

5. diannegray says:

It’s good that Ants didn’t mind. He’d probably just prefer to spend the day with you and Ming (a lot more relaxing!) πŸ˜€

6. bulldog says:

Pity the party is off.. but from the photos it certainly looks like a good day was had… and to have Ant home on his actual birthday I think is great….

7. Bec Butcher says:

Ants looks pretty chuffed with his party of three to me – and what posers your two men are ha ha

8. As long as Anthony doesn’t mind, I am relieved for you that the party is off. Ming looks so much like his father. You look fabulous by the way. Try to stay cool.:)

9. I always feel that large parties and a HUGE effort without much reward, so maybe that is where the relief is. You can have party on his real birthday – just the three of you. Smaller is bigger πŸ™‚

10. Happy Birthday to Anthony! Love the photos, they turned out really good! Looks like Anthony is in a playfighting mood in the last picture!

11. Haha! I know that feeling of relief when you spontaneously plan something — and then… it doesn’t happen πŸ™‚ I did that this New Year’s. My daughter and I planned a party and then, cancelled for a whole bunch of reasons — one of them being — I didn’t have the energy to do all the work! πŸ™‚

And sometimes, the time to simply treasure eachother and spend it enjoying quiet moments together is exactly what is needed.

Love the photos!

12. rohan7things says:

Haha, I know that feeling of relief when you have to cancel a big social engagement πŸ™‚ Look at that sunny weather, brings me back to when I used to live in Sydney, and then the north coast of NSW. Mmmm, could do with a bit of that πŸ™‚

Hope all goes well over the next while you and the fam πŸ™‚

Rohan.

13. I am kind of relieved for you and Ants might not have been as ‘up’ for it anyway….But I’m sure it’s still a bit of a letdown from the hype etc..Glad you and Ming had a nice day with him though…Diane

Wonderful photos .. and Antony is really interest in Ming’s car .. lovely to see. I can see from the photos that you all had a fantastic day. You needed it badly too .. all 3!

15. Hope you all have some really god moments to your day, Julie x

16. Love the last picture πŸ™‚

17. Never mind 😦

It’s good to see these photos of Anthony; he looks happy.

18. Everyone looks pretty happy in these pics, so I think you could call it a pretty good day!

19. Yeah I know what you mean about cancelling the party being both a dissapointment and a relief….

20. janeslog says:

Ant looks happy. That is the main thing.

21. Happy moments make the day. I’m sorry things didn’t go as planned, but as the others have so wisely said, if you are both happy at the end of the day, that is what matters.

22. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

New ute! Daniel would “kill” for a new ute!! Lucky lad, Ming.

Your family look so well, happy. Bless you & your family πŸ™‚

23. Rhonda says:

Well, things have a way of working out afterall eh Jules? Glad you three had your day, looked damned hot, but love the playful pictures. Enjoy the day my friend…xo

24. Anonymous says:

Such lovely, happy photos!

GREAT pictures! It’s good to see Anthony standing, as well as he can, and having a good time with you and Ming. Lovely!

26. Lynda says:

What lovely photos of the three of you! Glad you got out of the stressful situation, but wow, what a lot of build up for an event! πŸ˜›

By the way, your blouse is gorgeous!

27. adinparadise says:

I’m so sorry Ants wasn’t well enough for the party, but I’m sure you and MIng made him feel really special on his birthday. Lovely family pics. πŸ™‚

Julie, What wonderful pictures thank you so much for sharing them. Please take care, Bill — please extend to Ants my fondest birthday wishes, again take care

29. Glad it turned out okay. And I agree – love the blouse. And the necklace πŸ˜€ xx

30. dodsy says:

happy birthday to Ants, u look great, Ming looks taller, and u all look happy!!! πŸ™‚ Universe decided you three time, and after the other blog (invite) bits, how awesome is that!! I tried to find the negative comment, wasn’t there for me, never found it!!
    You do the same LOL I love u xx