377 days

on February 12, 2013

I had to search through my blog to find the date of Anthony’s transition from respite to permanent resident at the nursing lodge. It was January 31st, 2012, 377 days ago.

How could this have happened just a year ago when it seems like a hundred years ago?

How could this have happened over a year ago when it seems like a few minutes ago?

377 days of separation.

42 responses to “377 days

1. time also flies when you are not having fun ((((hugs))))

2. Time is such a weird thing. You are so brave to share this. Anthony is so lucky to have you.:)

3. Oh, yes–the relative shortness of time, coupled with the painful stretching of it. Hard as hell.

4. I know what you mean…a minute like and hour and vice verse Diane

Julie, it is amazing how the mind treat the heart, and the heart treats the mind. You have the courage and strenght to make it. Please take care, Bill

I know Julie — time becomes almost abstract sometimes for me too ~ I try to think about … xxoo

try not to ~ sorry x

8. jensine says:

Time is such an odd thing it stretches like chewing gum to only snap back like an elastic band.

9. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

How could it have happened over a year ago, I can so imagine you feeling, reeling. 377 days… 377 days…
    I look at Daniel and wonder how could it happen he’s now almost an adult, when it seems – as you say – just a few minutes ago, he was born.

Time utterly fascinates me, Julie. And not a one of us can escape it.

10. terry1954 says:

i know what you mean. can you believe Al has been in the facility three months now?

11. kdkh says:

And yet, you’ve survived. And you’ll keep surviving.

In some ways its like a traumatic divorce – except that neither party wanted it. And what is worse is that there is no way to reconnect.

It probably seems like forever (now).

13. bulldog says:

Damn but time flies… even if you’re not having fun…

Dear Julie, my heart is with you both – and I had been there I would have given you a hug … a hard and long one.
    And after that we had gone shopping for dancing shoes.

15. Can’t bring myself to like this post because my heart breaks for you. I wish it were different.

16. Yeah I know what you mean time seems to slip away from us

17. Wow. It seems like I have been reading your blog for longer than that, and that Anthony had already transitioned when I first met you. I feel like we are old chums, now!

18. Something I’ve never understood about time: how it could pass so quickly, so slowly.

19. Yes, I know what you mean about the minutes / century thing.
    I definitely feel that way sometimes.

In retrospect and by every account here, you lived every minute to its fullest. And that’s excellent. The fullness of life…

21. robincoyle says:

gosh . . . time marches on.