Farmboy 2

on February 15, 2013

Ming was still in nappies when the dairy industry here was toppled by deregulation.

We were just one of hundreds of families affected by this and, without going into the politics, let me just say that it was devastating.

Previous to this, Anthony was a workaholic dairyfarmer (to me, those terms are synonymous.)

It was around this time that Ants was diagnosed with kidney cancer and had to have two operations. Our dairy days were over.

Ming never saw Ants in his prime, never saw Ants working, so he will never know the Anthony I knew.

And yet – and this is wonderful! – Ming is now milking for our beautiful neighbours and has been offered a full-time job as of July.

Like father, like son!

32 responses to “Farmboy 2

With so many dairy farmers going under in the last 30-40 years, it’s wonderful to hear that Ming has been offered full-time work in the industry.

(My Mother came from a dairy farm in north-west Tasmania).

2. SnapInTime says:

How wonderful to see things coming full circle in the family. Many losses over the years, but great satisfaction in that I am sure.

3. Isn’t it great how you realize the apple often doesn’t fall far from the tree, even without exposure to that side of the parent? The same can be said about me and my father, and I never knew him.

4. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Milking for your neighbours? Do you sell milk to your neighbours?

What a BEAUTIFUL picture of your home life, you do give.

🙂
    N.

5. My father was a dairy farmer so I know the hard work involved and the devastation wreaked on the industry by government and big supermarkets. Well done Ming! Like father like son indeed.

I can read the proud mother between and in the lines – and so you should!

7. terry1954 says:

that is awesome!!!!

8. Lynda says:

This exciting news indeed! I am so happy for Ming! 😀

Julie, Soft smile, the apple really doesn’t fall far from the tree does it. Ming is a good young man and you have provided the direction he has needed and continues to need. Take care, Bill

Some things are in the blood. I’m from a line of ministers, and one of my sons is carrying on the tradition. It’s amazing to me how that happens.

11. I think it is cool that Ming has grown into a man like his father you must be so bloody proud