The difference between what matters and what doesn’t matter

on February 16, 2013

WHAT DOES MATTER

– Ming began harp lessons.
– Anthony said on the phone this afternoon that he’d been kidnapped, but I calmed him down.
– Some lovely friends came to pick the dying figs.
– Gutsy9 (baby peacock) is thriving despite his wonky leg.
– We found a clock man who has now fixed three of Anthony’s clocks, so the house is chiming again.
– I finished delivering details to our accountant for our tax return from last year.
– I am going to purchase an ipad tomorrow so I can access the internet in Anthony’s room and show him stuff.
– Ming and I are getting on top of the housework/yardwork etc.
– I only cried a little bit today, instead of a lot.
– The blog community is amazing.
– Ming has stopped being so bossy!
– Lots of other good things.

WHAT DOESN’T MATTER

– It doesn’t matter!

64 responses to “The difference between what matters and what doesn’t matter

1. I love your things that matter –

Julie, soft smile in other words all things considered your doing amazing. And I know you will make it to continue to be amazing. Take care, Bill

And life goes on. Cheers!

4. williamhoop says:

Great post, glad to of found this..

5. bulldog says:

I’m glad the items that matter out shine the item that doesn’t matter…. but then what doesn’t matter.. doesn’t matter..

6. Hi Julie
    I recentley bought a 7″tablet and we took it with us while cycling today. I took a few photos on it and on the way back we called to see a friend in a rehab centre. He was delighted to see the photos. I think it will be very useful for you.

7. terry1954 says:

this is all such wonderful news Julie. I am so happy for you .

8. Awww Sweetie, I hate the thought that you cry at all. But tears do cleanse, I suppose.
    Hugs
    Diana

What doesn’t matter, doesn’t matter. Mow, that’s wisdom! πŸ™‚

10. cobbies69 says:

No matter what…;)

11. You deal with your life so incredibly well, Julie. Hugs.

12. That list is so incredibly positive. Good on ya!

13. Bless you, Julie. Sending big happy hugs your way xoxo

14. You are right, it just doesn’t matter πŸ™‚

15. Life goes on. When it throws rocks, faith is a catcher’s mitt to soften the blow. πŸ™‚

Like that … last sentence – what doesn’t matter … don’t really matter. Glad that Gusty9 is managing and getting better – even if his leg is the way it’s. Glad that you and Ming are partners now and Ipad is a splendid idea. Even if I hate them .. far too quick for me. Getting old.
    Julie, we have the same right to our tears as we have to our laughter, so cry and laugh… don’t forget to buy the shoes that cries … tomorrow.

17. Yep a great list of things that matter…………………..I so agree………….how many clocks do you have around the house……….I would love to have a grandfather clock but Tim says no………

18. loved this πŸ™‚
    2 things – you are ahead of me on tax; and I got an iPad recently , I think you’re going to love it x

19. I am so glad that you didn’t cry a lot today and that you put it down in the columm of what matters! You are so strong and amazing. πŸ™‚

That’s the spirit, Julie.

What matters in life is what is important to you.
    And what is important to you is what you choose it to be (and no one else).

One can spend a whole lifetime fulfilling other people’s expectations and desires, and in doing so, miss out on being true to oneself and living the life you always wanted. (I know because that’s what happened to me).

Why do we take so long to realise this?

• victoriaaphotography says:

Sometimes its peer pressure, sometimes its family pressure.
        Sometimes its just plain old strangers making one feel one has to ‘keep up with the Joneses’ or fit in with the general population.
        I’ve now reached an age when I am free to suit myself.

That is a pretty good list of stuff. Point nine is quite hopeful. I am glad that Gutsy is doing well and look forward to a fresh photo of him soon.

22. Kozo says:

You’re right, “it doesn’t matter.” {{{Hugs}}} to you for being so positive, Julie. Ant will love the iPad.

23. Lynda says:

Sounds like you are finding your balance. Wonderful!

24. bluebee says:

Love your philosophy – wise Julie

25. These are all great things! But my favourite is the news about Gutsy9 πŸ™‚

26. dodsy says:

❀ πŸ™‚ ❀ All Good πŸ™‚

That is SOME list of accomplishments and goals. All good! Bet you love hearing the clocks again:)

Loved this post — ipad – great idea for Ants to see stuff — YES!! 🌻❀

29. Do you have your iPad yet? I am so excited for you! But, I have to agree with Tilly Bud that the best news is about Gutsy9.

30. Exactly! What doesn’t matter isn’t worth mentioning. What does matter is that Ming and Gutsy are thriving, life seems to be settling into a new norm and you and Ants are still finding moments of joy together! Hugs!

31. Monica says:

Lots of really good stuff here!