Sitting ducks

on March 12, 2014

I have a new respect for birders and people who take photographs of wild birds. This morning I went outside with my camera specifically to take photos of wild (as opposed to tame) birds.

There was an abundance of course, all flying to and fro, landing in the trees, frolicking on the lawn, singing raucously, and playing hide and seek (from me!)

So I had to content myself with my happy-to-pose-for-you sitting ducklings.

Here is one of Michael Jackson who has developed some stylish markings on his head:

IMG_3719

And here are Misha and Freckle:

IMG_3697
IMG_3721

I will keep trying with the wild birds ….

Tomorrow.

14 responses to “Sitting ducks

1. If you wanted a photo of a nice content tame bird they would act like a bunch of wild ones just to screw with you

2. bulldog says:

I love these photos… the wild birds are just as easy to capture… you must talk to them to get them to cooperate… it’s easy…

3. Terry says:

You did excellent with your camera!!!!! hugs

4. diannegray says:

I’ve never had luck photographing birds 😦

5. janeslog says:

Photographing wild birds is great. Takes some patience to get the photo right but a great way to spend the day.

I get up early to go birdwatching while my friends are at the night clubs in Glasgow until 3-4am and are still in bed by the time I come back at 6.00pm. I met them once at 5.30am one Saturday morning – I was going out birdwatching and they were just getting home worse for wear.

6. Michael Jackson looks like he has a DA like the rockers in the 50’s. Yes I am old enough to remember them;-)

7. mimijk says:

I think you take great pictures and it’s very clear that Michael Jackson has quite the look…

8. I love your birds of any pedigree!

9. lovely shots Julie!
    Diana xo

10. I, too, have enormous respect for those who take good, reliable pictures of wild birds. I’ve shot hundreds of them, and most of them are duds. I do know that the secret is to build a blind in good bird habitat, and spend about a thousand hours in it, waiting like a hunter.

I have a decent picture of a bald eagle and a few of sandhill cranes. I spent hours and hours waiting for those shots. Now I’m going to have to figure out how to integrate them into my blog.

11. Michael Jackson’s art work is praying hands, just for you! Good photos!!!

The secret of shooing the wild birds is to glue some peanuts to a fence post.

13. Lynda says:

I am content to look at happy ducks! 😀

Julie, You keep the pictures coming and I will continue to love them. Thanks, Bill