Comedy

on December 2, 2012

Oh I just can’t stop laughing – I keep bursting into guffaws because of three things:

1. My BFF emailed me twice today to complain that he was getting bombarded with email notifications of my work-in-progress romance novel. His emails are shrill with angst and outrage to have such tripe enter his inbox. I have, of course, apologized and tried to eradicate him from the ‘list’ to no avail. We are having lunch in a couple of weeks so hopefully we can fix this but, in the meantime, I’m quite enjoying torturing him – ha!

2. In the romance novel that I’m editing and revising on the other blog, I thought it best to change Matt’s name to Bob. That’s because, when writing the first draft of this novel last century, I didn’t know a Matt. So now that I do know a real Matt, I thought it best to use that editorial ‘replace’ thing to get Bob into the story. The trouble is that every single time the word ‘matter’ comes up in the novel (with surprising frequency) it gets altered automatically to ‘Bober’ – do you see what I mean?

3. Then, tonight, around an hour ago, I rang and spoke to Anthony and he said, “When am I going to see you?” Argh!

That’s okay. It is fine and he is fine enough now and will probably sleep really well tonight after today’s ordeal.

Me – I am going to laugh myself to sleep!

42 responses to “Comedy

1. neve16 says:

Made me laugh too 🙂

2. Louise G. says:

Me too! and laughing yourself to sleep is a good thing! 🙂

3. Huw Thomas says:

I once changed a character’s name from ‘Jack’ to ‘Ben’ – and then had to go through the MS and remove words like ‘hijack’ and ‘jacket’ that had become ‘hiben’ and ‘benet’!
    Technology: sometimes it’s just too logical.

4. Tears of joy at least 😉

5. mrs fringe says:

Tell your BFF to relax and remember the things that really bober. :p
    😀

6. They do say that laughter is the best medicine

7. Colline says:

What is the link to your other blog Julie?

8. terry1954 says:

I am so glad that you find laughter in your day!!!! good for you my friend

You have taught me something I didn’t know about MS, and now I won’t be so excited about using it! Glad you had a good laugh! It really does revive the soul, doesn’t it? ~Lynda

10. laughing is better than the alternative and gets the job done

11. Northern Narratives says:

You are amazing.

12. haha it may be easier to just introduce the word bobers into the English language! We’ll give it a definition that is close to matters but maybe just a bit stronger (lots of words have the same definition right?) Ok so bobers means, something of importance that impacts others or dramatically affects an important situation. Bobers is typically used in re-edited romance novels…Well? No? Ok then go back and change all the bobers to matters!

Julie, thank you for the chuckle, I particularly enjoyed your friends anguish over being bombarded, I am sure I would feel the same way considering you could count the number of “romance novels” I have read on one hand, and have a few fingers and a thumb left over. Thanks Bill

14. tersiaburger says:

Laughter is healing. Sleep well dear Julie.

15. It reminded me of the time I tried to change “her” to “his” and ended up with mothis, fathis, and thise.

16. yellowlancer says:

I’ve realised one of my characters in the NaNo novel needs changing so it will be interesting and sure to bring a few laughs!

If you put Matt with a space before and after it into the find and replace that should do the trick.

18. I LOVE your story point # 2. Bober! That is a hoot!

You’re so funny Julie. 🙂

20. Katrina says:

I am blocked from the Romance Novel, I can read part of it in my email inbox, but when I click on the read more link, I’m blocked, I would love to read the novel.