Peachick ponderings

on December 16, 2012

IMG_1802

I take Gutsy9 outside as often as I can but I can’t leave him alone because he’s nervous of the bigger birds.

IMG_1815

This is King and Princess 1 wondering if Gutsy9 is theirs, but not willing to get too close.

IMG_1804

Gutsy9 scurries back to me all the time!

46 responses to “Peachick ponderings

1. annotating60 says:

I think it is so cool the way he took to Anthony.>KB

Heck Julie, I would be nervous too. Those are some dang big birds. Have a great one. Take care, Bill

3. He’s so cute! It’s so wierd not to see snow in out doors shots! I’m jealous. 🙂

Heck Julie, I would be scared too, those are big birds. Take care, Bill

5. I’d scurry back to you too, if I were left alone with those two big birds.

6. Judith says:

You’re his adopted mother, and he’s adorable. He has to be lots of fun.

7. Your place looks idyllic and Gutsy-9 is getting bigger!

8. Peacocks are so big and they start out that small how cute………..

9. cecilia says:

Did you ever find a nest? or miss a bird for a period of time, i think i may have m ssed some info somewhere.. c

No, I never found a nest but some of the females went a bit stircrazy and kept disappearing and reappearing and disappearing again. Then I was just feeding them all when G9 ran past – I have not found any others or any nests or eggs or anything – just Gutsy!

I hope the Gang don’t scare him too much.

Is he safe from the dogs?

11. catchatcaren says:

at least they won’t eat him

12. The photo of King and Princess checking him out is unique and engaging. Fabulously fun!

Simply adorable! ~Lynda

14. janechese says:

So you are the momma. When will it be possible to get one of the others to take him on?

15. If he sees you as his mum, I suppose he’ll think the birds are very strange creatures! 🙂

16. Tammy says:

I am SO happy for you and G9 & Ants – new life! So wonderful!

17. What a beautiful little soul…

I can see this Gutsy9 … coming into your bed in a years time, and not so cute anymore *smile – be prepared. Looking forward to those photos. He are absolutely adorable.

19. dou dou says:

You better star potty training that bird, he’s obviously going to be living inside with you 🙂

20. The picture with King and Princess 1 is hilarious!

21. terry1954 says:

it is so refreshing to see this after seeing the terrible scenes of death in CT. thank u for sharing with me Julie

22. URL says:

… [Trackback]…

[…] Read More here: jmgoyder.com/2012/12/16/peachick-ponderings/ […]…