Cycling confessions

on February 23, 2013

EasyCity Specifcations

I haven’t cycled as much as I’d hoped to over the last few days and I have lots of excuses, but my main excuse is that my new bicycle scares the hell out of me!

Okay, for those of you who may not have realized, this bicycle has a little motor. If you turn the settings to 0, it is an ordinary bike, but if you switch to 1, the motor kicks in and assists you; if you turn it up to 6, the bike takes off like a rocket ship, pedalling becomes almost unnecessary, and you may find yourself catapulted into a handy hedge.

I just love it, but I am still learning how to manage the settings and gears on our driveway. I plan to venture out of the driveway onto the road on Sunday.

60 responses to “Cycling confessions

1. niasunset says:

Be careful dear Julie… But you should try every day. You will get to used to… Have a nice weekend, love, nia

2. Life is just full of fun isn’t it? Can’t wait to hear your Sunday report.

3. I thought it looked like an electic bike ! I’ve never ridden one but Richard an 80 year old cycled path volunteer does. He also uses his trailer to get shopping for the old people. Mostly they are younger than him. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it.

4. adinparadise says:

Good luck, Julie. I think I’d stay away from the 6 button for a while. 🙂

5. Can you get some stabilisers? 😀

6. terry1954 says:

just take it slow and easy, and in no time you will be flying down the road with confidence!!!

7. A bit at a time and you’ll get the hang of it.

8. Monica says:

Good luck, Julie!

Bahahaha…that’s just too funny! You go, girl. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it soon. Wish I had a video of it. 🙂

10. Make sure you wear a helmet!! 🙂 You’ll be out and about, whizzing down the highways and byways in no time, that’s my prediction…. 😉

11. A bicycle with a motor – Wow! It’s pretty much my kids dream. 😉

Hang in there (or hang on!) and I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it.
    ~FringeGirl

12. Don’t venture on to the roads Julie until you feel really confident and happy.

13. Keep it at 0! Safest way I think, and probably what I would do. 😀

14. janechese says:

But you got on it and got started-yay for you-the first step is the biggest.Or gear, or pedal…

15. bluebee says:

Enjoy the wind in your hair
    And take care
    Not to fly through the air 🙂

16. bulldog says:

don’t fall off…!!!!!!!

17. Viveka says:

You go easy, girl … and practice at home before you hit the roads. I wonder why suddenly bikes have to be mopeds. Be truly confident before you take off.

Julie, If it were me, I would set the damn thing on 6 and let it do the work, but seein how it’s you I would set it on 0 so you could do the damn work. LOL LOL LOL Take care, be safe, Bill

19. Sounds a little complicated for a bike. I’m in agreement, stay near home until you get the hang of the thing. But if you do decide to push it to 6, make sure you video it and put it on YouTube. lol.

20. Be sure to take it slow and easy, that would be making me nervous as well. I would be all confused with the extra power and gears. Wear a helmet!

The thought of that motor sounds exciting. Like adinparadise, I think I’d stay away from the 6 for a while – at least until you’re off your ‘L’ (learner) plates.

Living in the country should make you feel a bit more confident on the country roads.

(Inner city is a whole different ‘ball game’).

Get Ming to take a picture. Your loyal readers need to see you in action.

23. Trisha says:

The motor would scare me too! I’m a big chicken about going fast on a bike. I ride my brakes when going down even the smallest of hills. Take it easy so no one has to pull you out of a hedge!

24. wish you could wear a helmut cam and take us along for the ride! Have fun Julie.
    xo

25. cecilia says:

now how are you going to keep fit on one of those! Do you need those little training wheels, we can probably find you some pink ones! and a flag, i think you need a flag on a long stick behind the seat. have fun, get ming to run behind you shouting Encouraging things through a megaphone.. (laughter!!).. c

26. Oh you have one of those awesome bikes have seen them around but have never tried to ride one, in fact I haven’t ridden a bike in decades…………lol

27. sbcallahan says:

did it also come with air bags??? like the shortlist, just set small attainable goals. would love to see ming take some pics of you on this awesome bike…lol

28. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

“catapulted into a handy hedge” – you’re so funny 🙂

How CURIOUS the word hedge is hyperlinked. So damned curious, this fandom hyperlinking going on…

29. I have barely ridden my bike. It’s too high for me, I’m convinced.

Hilarious! 🙂

Sounds awesome!! Have fun!