Nose aerobics

on February 23, 2013

Every morning for the last week, I have been doing an average of two hours of nose aerobics. My nose is so keen, it wakes me up early sometimes.

The exercise routine never varies: 50 sneezes, half a box of tissues, a dose of antihistamines, 50 more sneezes, the remaining tissues, another dose of antihistamines until, eventually, my nose begins to relax.

As a result, my nose is now twice the size it was last week due to increased musculature.

Oh how I loathe summer hayfever!

67 responses to “Nose aerobics

1. It can get pretty annoying after a while, but the good thing is that it doesn’t last forever.

2. kdkh says:

Wow. Too much information!

3. terry1954 says:

I do that stuff every single day!!!

4. I’ve been there! I’ve used an entire box of tissues in one day before.

5. sbcallahan says:

one sneeze and chris now immediately brings the benadryl, water and tissue box! allergies are annoying but then again they wake me up and take my mind off everything else….

Sorry to hear you suffer from hay fever. I’ve never had it thank goodness, but do sneeze when I get to hot (funny about that) and can do so quite a number of times in a row.

Maybe you ought to buy some shares in a ’tissue’ company (to get discounted supplies each summer).

Julie is it defintely allergy/hay-fever? Mine has been crazy since November – but sometimes think it’s part of my other problems… feels like muscle spams — nerves are crazy — can’t figure it out.. sometimes eyes water and such – but if I massage front of neck – can sometimes calm nose down… I’ sure it’s just that I’m from other planet ~ xo hope yours feels better soon ~ R

8. artsifrtsy says:

I’m on the same regimen πŸ™‚

9. I used to think I wasn’t allergic to anything in San Diego, then I had allergy symptoms in the summer, then in the fall, then in the winter. Now, it’s all the time. I feel for you, Julie!

10. Aww sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs

11. janeslog says:

It’s so annoying. The watery eyes are the worst because people kept asking me what was wrong as they thought I was crying!

12. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Thank MERCY I’ve never had hay fever. Oh Julie… 😦 But I love your positivity. Nose exercises! heee hee hee.

13. OMG–I am on the floor laughing–but only because I too suffer from allergies and there are mornings when I wish I could just sneeze my head off of me!!!!!

14. Oh dear, I know I shouldn’t, but you made me laugh! πŸ™‚
    I think hayfever must be dreadful, because I know how bad it is when I have a cold. Poor you, hope it stops soon.

15. Oh you poor thing! I hope it rains for you πŸ™‚

16. that sounds completely and totally horrible – jeeze the stupid cat just peed on my papers –want a cat?

17. Tammy says:

What a hilarious blog post, sadly at your health’s expense. You are wonderful to keep such a great sense of humor, Julie! Feel better soon!

18. fgassette says:

How awful. Praying you get some relief.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

19. bulldog says:

Now to put the nose on diet…

20. That used to be my morning ritual and then I was prescribed the allergy shots; it took three years of shots. The first year once a week, the second year once every two weeks, the third every three weeks and now my allergies are barely there. Something to think about and I am allergic to everything outside and it worked for me. Just a thought.:)

21. Lynda says:

I feel for you, Julie. I hope you feel better soon! Mine seem to be getting pretty bad of late, and it is still winter here.

Where’s the picture!? πŸ™‚ I’m sorry.

23. dogdaz says:

Never thought of it that way. Hope you get it under control soon.

Julie, it would seem that our noses are in a race, though it does sound likes yours is winning in a drip. Living here in Fl we have what seems like spring forever until summers arrives in a nano second. So I feel your pain, and my nose pats your in sympathy. Take care, Bill

Poor you and poor nose – is there nothing you can take for the hay fever. There are some great medicines out there.
    Have a friend that suffers really severer from hay fever and she got a new medicine last year and .. she doesn’t feel anything anymore when she takes the medicine. You should talk to your doctor – nobody should have to suffer from hay fever anymore.

Instead of arm wrestling, if you…. Can’t think of one good thing about a drippy nose. You have my sympathy.

27. I do not suffer from hayfever thankfully, although I have a daughter who does get it something terrible………..

28. While it’s so hard to think about ‘summer’ just yet I can empathize because I have also suffered from same…It’s strange though because the older I get the less I’m bothered by it…..hmmm ?? Diane

29. janechese says:

Nasty! I usually get sick when I am in farming country at harvest time-wish you a speedy recovery.

30. bluebee says:

I feel your pain, Julie. I had desensitizing treatment when I was growing up and that helped enormously, but rye grass and wattle still gets me into a sneezing frenzy. So tiring and debilitating 😦