The beautiful dream

on July 9, 2015

I have different versions of the same dream about once a week (I mean a sleeping dream, not a goal-ridden dream).

Okay, so, in the dream, Anthony and I, and sometimes Ming, have travelled a few hours from home to reach a destination that is either a wedding, or a party, or something like that.

We arrive and check into a beautiful room and while Anthony checks if the TV is working, I go to check out the bathroom and am suddenly jolted with hot/cold shock.

I have forgotten to bring his pills! These Parkinson’s disease pills need to be taken every few hours and at exact times and, if not, he will be paralysed, unable to walk, function normally, speak properly etc.

In the next bit of the dream, Ants and I are in a big room full of all of our wonderful friends and relatives and Anthony is lagging and very tired. I see that I need to get him up to our room and to bed and someone brings a walker or a wheelchair. I am panicked that I don’t have the pills to get Anthony mobile and I ask everyone to help me get him into the car so I can take him back to the farm where the pills are.

Then, all of a sudden, Anthony stands up, walks, laughs loudly, brushes off everybody’s worries and he and I go to our room. Then he and I go to bed, blanket ourselves in sleep until I wake up and panic because it’s 7am and he needs his PD pills!

But he is okay! In all of the different versions of this recurring dream, Anthony is always okay and we both laugh about how silly we were to panic about the pills.

And then I wake up.

It’s a beautiful dream.

19 responses to “The beautiful dream

1. When I have beautiful dreams like yours, all I want to do is go back to sleep. Deep down in yoour heart of hearts you know that you and Anthony will always be wonderful together. 😀 Huge Jules xx

2. I’m definite not a dream analyst… but I was thinking maybe your mind is just telling you that while Anthony definitely has a debilitating disease .. you have been his care giver in many ways.. Now maybe not the medication giving… but still care, but that in all of it, He will be okay.. no matter what happens…. (amateur analysis for sure) Diane

3. Judy says:

Wow, there are probably a zillion ways to interpret this dream. I would love to share what came into my mind. The pills represent “control” over his disease. The dream was a way to show you what could happen when you relinquish control. And then – the ultimate beautiful moment with the realization that Anthony was fine. That represents your love. When Anthony is gone, this is what you will hold onto and both of you will be okay. Hope I didn’t take you to a sad place with that – but it was what I pictured.

4. Rhonda says:

It is a beautiful dream Jules xoxo

5. Perhaps your dream is a kind reminder to yourself that you are doing all you can for Ants and no matter if you forget the pills or not, the love, laughter and kindness that you two share is still always there. God Bless xo

6. susanpoozan says:

Hang on to that dream.

7. Terry says:

It sounds like you have deep wishes that time would go back and stand still.

8. ksbeth says:

it is a beautiful dream and i think it means you’re are truly a loving team )

9. Ann I love that beautiful dream! ❤
    Diana xo

10. It is also bringing back some wonderful memories of things that the two of you shared together

11. janeslog says:

When someone is dependent on medicine it makes you more aware of this and the times the medicine has to be taken. It’s always on your mind.

One of our cats has diabetes and needs an insulin injection every day so I usually take responsibility for this because I’m up first. When I’m not there I worry about the family giving the cat his injection and phone to make sure it has been done.

It’s quite a normal thing for this to be on your mind Julie so don’t worry about it.

12. kutukamus says:

Blessed in wake, and in dreams 🙂

13. You and Anthony laughing together. That really is the dream life. And you have it when you’re awake too. It’s pretty amazing when your dreams and your awake mesh. ❤

14. Oh yeah that does sound like a beautiful dream

15. tersiaburger says:

Oh my friend I send you lots of love.

16. Tiny says:

That’s a wonderful dream, a reassurance that everything will be okay.

17. Ann Koplow says: