Enough is enough

on October 16, 2012

I have been struggling to write about something for a couple of days because, despite the fact that I am fine with being honest and open about stuff in this blog, on Sunday our family situation became, for me, unbearable and I gave up. I couldn’t write about it except metaphorically (the ‘despair’ post for eg.)

That’s what happens, I think, when you have been enoughed enough – ha! But, on Sunday night, I realized that being this cringing wimp wasn’t helping so I gave up giving up and got angry instead.

I became Godzilla and it was very satisfying! I said NO, I said I am the boss, not you, I said enough is enough.

The teenager from hell suddenly reverted to his usual angelic personality and it has now lasted 48 hours. There is hope.

47 responses to “Enough is enough

1. Well done you, Godzilla!

2. Whew! I hope it lasts for you. We all display our fears and frustration in different ways and perhaps Ming is doing just that, but enough IS enough!

3. cringing wimp is not how I see you at all — but sometimes we just need that boost that tells us enough is enough – boy, it isn’t easy though, but glad there was a payoff–maybe he just wanted to be assured that you were the boss, and it took some of the responsibility off his shoulders

I think you are exactly right there – this has been a real turning point thank God – it has been horrific over last few months with the beautiful brat!

• on thehomefrontandbeyond says:

I know what it feels like to have your resources depleted but you seem to be on the comeback road and I would like to join you

That feeling of hope is countered by the anticipation of dashed hope – hard isn’t it!

• on thehomefrontandbeyond says:

I think we protect ourselves by knowing everything is not always alright–but you and I must learn to enjoy the moments when it is alright — I am trying to take your advice to laugh more – it really does work,even if we are laughing at what life hands us sometimes

You are soooooo right here!

4. I’m glad to see you were able to come out on top of things again. It’s a good feeling to get your control back.

5. tersiaburger says:

Good for you! Children love boundaries. Teenagers are safe within boundaries. Keep up the good work!!!

6. Rhonda says:

…../ )
    …..’ /
    —‘ (_____
    ……… ((__)
    ….. _ ((___)
    ……. -‘((__)
    –.___((_)

xo
    U.

Great that was a good move … stamp your authority… think of your self first and then every one else… without you they’re in trouble… so look after number one… Julie #1

8. Louise G. says:

We all express fear, sorrow, sadness, anxiety differently — and teen-agers have their own unique way of expressing their discomfort with the world!

good for you for moving from hopeless and helpless to hopeful and in the process, moving the teenager into being more helping and hopeful too! right on! 🙂

9. sbcallahan says:

so i am hoping the guilt left with the wimp:) over compensating does not help, obviously it is setting boundaries that benefits all in the end. so happy you are finding your GROWL!

Our Nathan, bless him, isn’t easy going and has NEVER been an angel. He came out of the womb, screaming, just like his mother. And he has opinions about everything, but when he’s pushed us too far, too much, and we call him on it, it makes all of us happier–especially him.

11. magzmama says:

You know, Ming has said all along he wanted you back the way you were. And he got it! I love you laid down the law and became the adult again! Congratulations Julie!

12. terry1954 says:

i have heard that before, that sometimes being tough and forward actually helps improve the situation, and now i know it is true!!! great blog, and i know it was a bit hard to write, but it helped you and us

13. Saying no is alright, sometimes 🙂 x
    I’m learning that too.
    Love and hugs 🙂

Julie, go girl .. go. I understand Ming too – but enough is enough. He are lost in all this with Ant and with your guilt about his exciting on the care lodge – Ming want to help out, but he don’t really know how to handle that responsibility yet and he want things to change without him to change. He wants to be the man in the house, without really know what that means. You did the right thing and you should have done it ages ago, but now it’s done and he has to accept that you are still the head of the family on the farm. And most of all are you his mother and that respect he has to show you at all time, even if he is frustrated about things and life.

15. mimijk says:

You are powerful and strong and wonderful and human..and you needed to re-group. And you did – what is that expression? it isn’t about how many times you fall, but how many times you get up. And you…you didn’t just get up…You rose up tall!! Hugs and healing, m

16. Fergiemoto says:

Sometimes Godzilla just needs to come out and make its feelings known.

17. SnapInTime says:

Oh goodness, all I can say is I RELATE. with the teenager feeling out of control with life and trying to reclaim it to the point of bullying, with trying to empathize and help and *fill in helpful word here of choice*, with just having enough enough enough with it ALL, on every level as you feel things spiraling around you… And finally calling it all. So glad you were able to reclaim some order. Still working on that here, but comforted knowing it will bring greater peace to all if I can manage it.

Wishing you the best for these better days to continue.

18. Yes sometimes us mums need to yell enough is enough give it a rest already and cut the attitude……………so good on you for saying it…………….hope the good behaviour lasts a bit

19. eof737 says:

Phew! Thank God for that… BTW, don’t despair as you are not alone, it comes with the territory/age and it will pass. 😉